We host artistic practices, practice-led researches and projects that
– engage with the imagination and the feeling body, with individual and collective dreaming
– emerge from the relational entanglement with the environment we live in and co-shape, from the relationship with the ‘natural others’
– seek to develop new cosmologies that might give us tools to find new languages and spread them.
HOW RESIDENCES TAKE PLACE
The tailor-made residencies are a way to support the specificity of your research or artistic proposal and its potential. The form and length of your residency is defined in dialogue with your ideas, practices and needs.
We usually host one or two artists, researchers at a time working in parallel, as a pair, or larger groups. Each artist is allotted a private room for the duration of their residency. The kitchen and the studio are shared, while many who come use the outdoors as their workspace.
The uniqueness of the place is the quietude and proximity of the beautiful and intense natural environment enabling you to immerse and focus on your work, while there are always opportunities for interaction with others who reside there.
WHAT WE OFFER
– Apartment cca 125m2 with 3 small single bedrooms, 10 beds
– Studio app. 60m2
– Fully-equipped common kitchen and living space
– Bathroom and toilet shared
– Internet on cable
– Sound system in studio
– Projector and a screen
– General tools
– Woods and stuff from the workshop
We also offer
– sharing of your research or creative process
– mentoring meetings
– public showing of your work
– feed-back reflection on your work
– introduction to the local art scene in Slovenia
The traces your different proposals leave at the facility further define the place. The swing section in the forest, the whispering tree, the sculptures, paintings and installations that fill the walls, the songs you sang, all become part of the place.
You can apply all year long by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org